Thursday, July 29, 2010

It's Not Your Mom's, but It's Microwavable!


My sister (and avid blog follower) sent me a link to this recipe for microwave brownies. It's similar to the microwave cakes I posted about a couple weeks back, but for brownies. Here's the recipe:

3 Tablespoons flour (cake flour is recommended, but regular all-purpose is fine)
3 Tablespoons sugar
3 Tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 Tablespoons milk
3 Tablespoons oil (vegetable is recommended, but canola is fine)

1) Mix flour, sugar, and cocoa in a mug. I would recommend using a taller-than-normal mug. Make sure everything is fully stirred, otherwise you'll waste the bottom.
2) Add egg and stir.
3) Stir in milk and oil.
4) Microwave for 3 minutes. Let stand in the microwave until the cake settles back into the mug. Trust me, it rises over the mug.
5) Take brownie out of the mug and enjoy!

This recipe is not quite as good as a brownie mix or when you mom makes them, but it's still good. And definitey quick and easy!

1 comment:

  1. I thought they were good -- for a quick chocolate cake/brownie fix. AHH, chocolate. What would we do without it!

    ReplyDelete