Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Incredible Edible Egg...in the Microwave!

Protein in the morning is essential for a great start to the day, at least from my experience. But it is hard to get a quick fix breakfast besides a donut or cereal and peanut butter, especially if you hit the snooze button to many times before class or work. But did you know that you can have a scrambled egg in about three minutes?

Melt butter for 10-15 seconds in a bowl, or just spray with Pam. Then, crack one egg in the bowl and scramble. Add two Tablespoons of water or milk or a combination, and salt and/or pepper to taste. Mix together. Then, microwave for 45-60 seconds. If the egg starts to float to the top of the bowl, it is done. It will be very hot, so I would suggest waited a minute to cool down. And now you have a delicious scrambled egg!

Now, I'm guessing not everyone likes a scrambled egg, so I tried to make an egg overeasy. Not quite the same success. I used the same technique, but I didn't add anything past the egg and I didn't scramble it (because that would ruin the whole point). I microwaved the egg for 30 seconds and then flipped it over to continue. However, it almost exploded in my microwave and ended up being a super rubbery, flat hard boiled egg. Not so appetizing. I wouldn't suggest it.

1 comment:

  1. I like to do this when I don't want to wash the frying pan for one egg for myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete